Organize your assignments into categories to make it easier for users to navigate to the appropriate assignments. For example, you can create separate categories for video assignments, Power Point assignments or essay assignments. When structuring your course, you can first create categories and later place assignments in them.
To Get to Your Assignments Page
From your Course Homepage select “Course Menu” then select “Assignments” from the drop-down menu.
Select "Edit Categories."
- Select the name of an existing category to modify. Use the “Enter” key to save your changes or select somewhere outside of the cell.
- To delete the category, select the check box next to its name and then select the trash icon.
- Select “Add Category” to create a new category
- Under the “Sort Order” you can reorder the category list. Select the number of a category to change the order. Use the “Enter” key to save the changes.
- Under the in-use tab, you can see which categories already contain assignments. Only the categories with the check mark contain assignments and are visible on the assignment homepage.
After changing the category name and/or order, select anywhere on the outside of the box and the changes will be saved.
To Make a New Category
Select “Add Category.”
- Enter a name for your category.
- Select “Create.”
The new category will appear in the list.
Adding Assignment into Categories
Select “Course Menu.”
Select the assignments you want to have in a category.
Select “Bulk Edit."
Selecting the top check box will select all of the assignments.
- Select the drop-down where it is “No Category.”
- Select the category that you want the assignment to be in.
- Select “Save.”
It has now been saved and placed into the category that you had selected.