NOTE: This is for Google Chrome ONLY
Go to The Page You Want to Test
Right-click on the page
From the drop-down menu select "Inspect"
You will want to select "Lighthouse." You may need to select the double arrows in the top bar to find "Lighthouse."
- Select what you would like to test.
- Once, you have them selected select "Generate Report."
- It would be a best practice to select only "accessibility" and "best practices" and then run both the "mobile" and "desktop" device. For this purpose we suggest running it twice.
- Once, completed it will give a percentage score out of 100.
- You can go through the different testing to find out more information about what did not pass the automatic checker.
Note: you may see a warning at the top telling you that there were issues affecting this run of lighthouse even if you do use an incognito window. This is ok, but beware of possible false positives in this situation.
Understanding the Results of Test
Issues Grouped by Type
Lists the issues that failed the automated checks. Expand the accordion by selecting the Carat on the right to see more details including the failing elements.
Items to Manually Check with Lighthouse
Lighthouse will provide you with a list of items to check manually. Finding it lower in the results page.
Information on how to test them if you expand the carat on the right.
- This section is for your reference about items that have passed! You do not have do anything with this information.
- The information could be used for updating roadmaps and updating others on progress.
The number of automated checks that appear not to apply to the scan.
Runtime information could be useful when vendors or others are trying to trouble shoot any issues.